Biomedical Analyst (BMA) (m/f)
for a staff function role in unlimited full-time employment at Ares Genetics in Vienna. This position reports to the Head of NGS Laboratory.
What we expect from you...
In your role as Biomedical Analyst you will perform, implement and design laboratory workflows for next-generation sequencing based detection of antimicrobial resistance. You will be responsible for delivering high quality lab results for our global partners, clinicians and microbiologists to derive actionable insights using our universal pathogenome assay. You will be part of and supported by a dynamic team of enthusiastic Molecular Biologists, Bioinformaticians and Engineers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Cultivation of microbiota and execution of Antibiotic Susceptibility Tests in a Biosafety Level 2 environment
- DNA/RNA extraction from various samplematerials
- Independent execution of NGS Library Preparation and NGS Sequencing after initial training
- Upscaling of laboratory procedures
- Preparing and maintenance of SOPs
- QM compliant documentation
- Conduct quality control and validation studies of workflows, instruments and reagents
- Ensure QM compliance of all lab procedures and permanently improve QMS
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Analyzing and reporting of results
- Lab organizational tasks such as purchasing of reagents and performing maintenance
- Experience with bioinformatics concepts is advantageous
What you bring with you…
- Training as biomedical analyst (master’s degree or substantial professional experience)
- Strong background in microbiology and molecular biology as well as associated methods
- Solid user of MS-Officeapplications
- Self-starter mentality, well organized and proactive work style
- Team spirit and stress resistance
- Business-fluent knowledge of English and German
- Experience in working in an accredited clinical lab is an advantage
- First hands-on experience with NGS and NGS Library Preparation is an advantage
What you can expect…
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry.
- A young, dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy.
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters.
- An attractive and competitive salary package.
For legal reasons, we are obliged to inform you, that the salary package for this position starts at gross € 36,000 / year. Our salaries are nonetheless oriented towards market-based salaries depending on your relevant professional expertise and may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please include the reference number 1310120 and preferably submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org