Business Development Representative (m/f/d) Full-time position
- Location: preferably based in Vienna, Austria or Stuttgart, Germany. Field-based possible.
- Post date: March 31, 2021
- Start date: as soon as possible
About Ares Genetics
Ares Genetics (ARES) is a Vienna based digital diagnostics start-up that develops and commercializes next generation solutions for the diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). ARES builds on ARESdb, one of the world’s most comprehensive proprietary databases on the genetics of AMR, and its ARES Technology Platform, a unique artificial intelligence powered bioinformatics AMR platform. Together with our parent company OpGen we combat infectious diseases with innovative solutionsfor molecular testing.
To help us develop our growing NGS service and software business, we are currently recruiting a Business Development Representative (m/f/d) for a staff function role with an unlimited full-time employment contract.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) assists in representing Ares Genetics to potential and existing commercial, government and academic customers in the life sciences, healthcare and public health sectors. The BDR develops and drives sales for Ares’ AI-powered diagnostic NGS-Services and Bioinformaticsproducts.
- Reporting to the CEO you will help Ares Genetics establish a direct commercial channel for our NGS lab-services and software offerings.
- You will actively engage with leading experts in clinical microbiology, infection prevention and public health to solidify new, and develop existing business opportunities for Ares Genetics' fast growing NGS service- and bioinformatics portfolio.
- As senior-level candidate your focus will be in equal parts on strategic business development and active sales. You will help develop, foster, and maintain key account relations and serve as a client contact for Ares Genetics.
- You will act as point of contact to the global OpGen commercial team.
- Your active participation in strategic and tactical marketing activities with competitive analyses and well documented customer feedback (success stories and objections) will help Ares define addressable market segments and sharpen the positioning of Ares’ products and services.
- You will drive brand awareness and product promotion by implementing and executing regular e-marketing campaigns with support from sales operations and insides sales.
- You represent the company at conferences, symposia, and trade shows to further enhance Ares brand awareness and develop additional business.
Your background and experience...
As the ideal candidate you are efficient and well-organized, and while being a self-starter, you enjoy being an integralpart of a multidisciplinary, international team. You fit the following criteria:
- M.Sc or equivalent scientific degree in microbiology, genomics, bioinformatics or a related discipline. A background in epidemiology or AMR is a plus.
- 3+ Years of professional or academic experience with applications for infectious disease diagnostics or surveillance. Fluency in NGS technologies is a must.
- 3+ Years of professional experience in sales or business development in the field of NGS or molecular infectious disease applications.
- Experience with clients in microbial pathology-, infection prevention-, or public health laboratories.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow business.
- Experience in lead generation and management of the sales funnel.
- Experience (as user) with modern CRM and e-marketing software.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in EMEA and the USA.
What to expect from us
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, international and dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package
- A detailed onboarding plan so that you can look forward to a smooth start with the full support of the entire team
We offer a competitive salary package which may, depending on your relevant professional expertise and experience, significantly exceed the minimum of 50.625,00 € annually as defined in the Austrian IT-Collective Agreement 2020 "Kollektivvertrag fürInformationstechnologie, Tätigkeitsfamilie ST2”.
If you, like us, enjoy working and winning as a team, and if you are proud of your track record of meeting or exceeding your commercial goals, then we can't wait to receive your application at email@example.com!