Head of NGS Laboratory (m/f)
for a management function role in unlimited full-time employment. The position reports to the Managing Director. In your role as Head of NGS Laboratory you will establish and lead a diagnostic laboratory with the objective to design, execute and report on clinical service projects and patient testing in the field of NGS based infectious disease diagnostics. In addition, you will be responsible for continuous assay development, improvement and validation, ensuring that state of the art methodology is employed to meet high quality expectations of customers.
- Set-up and lead an NGS service laboratory for infectious disease diagnostics
- Lead laboratory operation and technical implementation of development programs
- Partner with quality management to develop, implement and maintain SOPs and appropriate QC and QA programs
- Collaborate with Bioinformatics team to design, optimize, and automate QC and data review and reporting interfaces
- Design and execute internal as well as partnered research, assay development, and validation studies
What you bring with you…
- MD or PhD with clinical laboratory experience
- Expertise in NGS and Molecular Biology, RT-PCR, qPCR, Sequencing and related work
- Experienced with leading teams and project in the areas of method development, experimental design, sample analysis, reporting and quality
- Solid knowledge of relevant quality and regulatory requirements, such as ISO 15189, ISO 13485, EU-IVD-R, FDA 21 CFR820
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Ability to implement quality standards and process improvements
- Excellent leadership, human relations and communication skills
- Proven ability to cope with a dynamic work environment
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a requirement
What you can expect…
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package
For legal reasons, we are obliged to inform you, that the salary package for this position starts at gross € 50,000/ year. Our salaries are nonetheless oriented towards market-based salaries depending on your relevant professional expertise and may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please include the reference number 1201105 and preferably submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.