Molecular Diagnostics Expert (m/f)
for a staff function role in unlimited full-time employment. The position reports to the Managing Director. In your role as Molecular Diagnostics Expert, you will drive our NGS-based infectious disease development program and manage multidisciplinary international R&D and commercialization projects multiple internal and external contributors and stakeholders including clinicians, infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, bioinformaticians, software developers as well as pharma and diagnostics industry partners.
- Conceptualize diagnostic test concept and specific assays based on clinical need and diagnostic market analysis
- Requirement engineering for novel diagnostic tests
- Plan and implement diagnostic assay and workflow development projects in collaboration with the scientific and technical laboratory staff as well as bioinformaticians and software developers
- Liaise with Key Opinion Leaders in Infectious Disease Diagnostics and NGS
- Lead, drive and deliver expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
What you bring with you…
- Doctoral degree, PhD and/or MD or equivalent with expertise in Molecular Diagnostics
- Experience in diagnostic test development utilizing PCR, qPCR, RTPCR, NGS and other advanced molecular testing technology required
- Ability to manage multiple diagnostics development projects internally as well as with industry partners
- Solid knowledge of the regulatory environment in diagnostics
- Knowledge and understanding of the trends and forces shaping the infectious disease diagnostics, the healthcare delivery system, the provision of care and infectious disease management
- Effective presentation and technical writing skills
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of German is an advantage, but not a requirement
What you can expect…
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package
For legal reasons, we are obliged to inform you, that the salary package for this position starts at gross € 42,000/ year. Our salaries are nonetheless oriented towards market-based salaries depending on your relevant professional expertise and may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please include the reference number 1201106 and preferably submit it electronically to email@example.com.