Laboratory Technician – Microbial Genomics (m/f/d) Full-time position
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Post date: March 23, 2021
- Start date: as soon as possible
About Ares Genetics
Ares Genetics (ARES) is a Vienna based digital diagnostics start-up that develops and commercializes next generation solutions for the diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). ARES builds on ARESdb, one of the world’s most comprehensive proprietary databases on the genetics of AMR, and its ARES Technology Platform, a unique artificial intelligence powered bioinformatics AMR platform.
To support the development of our service product portfolio, we are currently recruiting a Laboratory Technician – Microbial Genomics Analyst (m/f/d) for a staff function role with an unlimited full-time employment contract. The position reports directly to the Head of the NGS Laboratory.
- Cultivation, biobanking and quantification of microbiota
- Execution of Antibiotic Susceptibility Tests in a Biosafety Level 2 environment
- DNA/RNA extraction from various sample materials using manual and automated technologies
- Independent execution of NGS Library Preparation and NGS Sequencing after initial training
- Upscaling of laboratory procedures
- Support R&D projects as needed
- Prepare and optimize SOPs
- QM compliant documentation
- Conduct quality controls and validation studies of workflows, instruments and reagents
- Ensure QM compliance of all lab procedures and optimize QMS
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Analyzing and reporting of results to the lab management
- Lab organizational tasks such as stock control, purchasing of reagents and materials, waste management, and lab maintenance
- Assist with external and internal audits as required
Your background and experience...
- BMA degree or MSc in a relevant life science field +3 years of relevant experience
- Strong background in microbiology and molecular biology, as well as the associated methods such as NGS, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction, culturing and counting of bacterial isolates, etc.
- Ability to work in a team, proactive working style and excellent organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS office applications
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Experience with working in an accredited clinical lab is an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Training as an office and lab safety officer is an advantage
What to expect from us
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, international and dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package
- A detailed onboarding plan so that you can look forward to a smooth start with the full support of the entire team
The salary package for this position starts at gross € 40,000/ year. Our salaries are nevertheless oriented toward market-based salaries depending on your relevant professional expertise and may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please send all application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.