Scientist – NGS laboratory (m/f/d) Full-time position
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Post date: February 05, 2021
- Start date: as soon as possible
About Ares Genetics
Ares Genetics (ARES) is a Vienna based digital diagnostics start-up that develops and commercializes next generation solutions for the diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). ARES builds on ARESdb, one of the world’s most comprehensive proprietary databases on the genetics of AMR, and its ARES Technology Platform, a unique artificial intelligence powered bioinformatics AMR platform.
To extend our service product portfolio as well as our assay development activities we are currently recruiting a Scientist – NGS laboratory (m/f/d) for a staff function role with an unlimited full-time employment contract. The position reports directly to the Head of the NGS Laboratory.
- Plan and execute experiments in a professional and timely manner
- Analyze data, report updates and results
- Improve workflows in regard to turnaround time, cost and reproducibility
- Conduct service projects while meeting timelines and quality standards
- Prepare and improve documentation and protocols that conform with QM requirements
- Validation of all lab processes as required
- Handle lab organization tasks such as waste management, purchasing and storage of consumables, maintenance of devices, etc.
- Assist with external and internal audits as required
Your background and experience...
- MSc or PhD in a life science field
- 3+ years’ experience in a molecular biology lab preferably in clinical diagnostics or industry
- Comprehensive expertise in molecular and microbiological or microbiome-relevant methods such as NGS, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction, culturing and counting of bacterial isolates, etc.
- Ability to establish, develop and validate new methods
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient knowledge of MS office applications
- Proficient knowledge of relevant QM standards such as ISO or CLIA
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team, proactive working style and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What to expect from us
- A varied and exciting challenge in one of the most innovative and rapidly growing segments of the healthcare industry
- A young, international and dynamically growing company with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy
- An inspirational environment at one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters
- An attractive and competitive salary package
- A detailed onboarding plan so that you can look forward to a smooth start with the full support of the entire team
The salary package for this position starts at gross € 44,000/ year. Our salaries are nevertheless oriented toward market-based salaries depending on your relevant professional expertise and may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please send all application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.