Senior Scientist – Clinical Microbiology (m/f/d)
- Post date: July 22, 2021
- Updated: August 17, 2021
- Start date: as soon as possible
- This is a staff function position with an unlimited full-time employment contract. The position reports to the Director of NGS Laboratory.
About Ares Genetics
Ares Genetics (ARES) is a Vienna based digital diagnostics company. Founded in 2017, we develop and commercialize next generation solutions for the diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Our solutions build on ARESdb, our proprietary databases on the genetics of AMR, addressing key limitations of current infectious disease testing.
At Ares Genetics, you will work on the forefront to conquer antibiotic resistance, one of the largest health threats of the 21st century. Our mission as a young, international and dynamic company is to revolutionize infectious disease diagnostics by translating success stories from precision medicine and human genomics to microbial infections. We are an international team of expert scientists embedded in a fast-paced environment with short decision pathways and a flat hierarchy. Located at the Vienna BioCenter Campus, you will be surrounded by a truly inspirational environment. It is one of Europe’s most prominent biotech clusters.
What we expect from you...
In your role as Clinical Microbiologist, you will take center stage in scientific research and development as well as scientific communication at Ares Genetics.
- Lead writing of scientific publications, such as peer review papers and white papers, and dissemination of scientific content
- Lead grant applications, grant management and reporting
- Represent ARES at scientific conferences and in the dialogue with key opinion leaders and clinical customers
- Explore and review new developments and state-of-the-art technologies in the field of clinical infectious disease testing to contribute to the scientific planning and direction of ARES R&D activities
- Work closely with the team at ARES as well as with external partners and collaborators
What you bring with you...
- PhD in life science, or medical degree and 4+ years’ professional experience in the field of clinical microbiology
- Strong scientific expertise in microbiology and molecular diagnosis of infectious diseases
- Hands-on experience with microbiological and molecular biological methods such as antibiotic susceptibility testing, species identification, PCR, qPCR, NGS
- Strong communicator with experience in interactions with clinicians and epidemiologists
- Solid user of biostatistics
- Basic understanding of bioinformatics is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to understand, prepare, and communicate technical scientific information to a wide range of audiences
- Business-fluent knowledge of written and spoken English. German is a plus
Disclaimer: according to Austrian Law, the minimum annual base salary stipulated within the collective agreement for this full-time position is € 44 604. Our salary packages are oriented towards market trends and depending on your relevant professional expertise may be significantly higher.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application. Please include the reference number 1407132 and submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find further information on ARES here: